Do you know that statistics say that many people have heart attacks on Monday morning going to jobs that they hate!
My nugget for the day is…
Don’t let undeserving people kill your spiritandmake you bitter. Sometimes others around you can’t accept that you’re growing…making positive changes, and creating a happier, more productive and peaceful life. They areenergy drainers, be aware. Stay as far away from them as you would someone with a bad cold!
Sometimes others are stuck in their own stuff! YoU can’t change that. It’s good to care and be supportive but not at the expense of letting someone impinge on your development and happiness…
So…keep smiling and focused and remember that you can’t control what people say or do but..you can decide how and if you choose to respond to them!
Stay Pepped up…Prayed up…and ready to go!!!
Please share what keeps you up and motivated when your surroundings are a challenge?
Hi Guys! Had a great day at the book signing …Living life with Passion & Purpose!
I’m Passionate about my writing and Purpose…well …I’m sharing my story and tools for positive changes
In the hopes of helping someone else to do the same!
Throughout the day, some people stopped to chat and actually shared a bit of their personal stories with me and why they wanted the book. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of people who came out to support, and I always feel touched when people share their personal stories! Some bought the book as a gift for a loved one who was going through a challenging time, and still others purchased it for themselves to periodically read the uplifting poems and motivational quotes found among the nuggets of life changing mechanisms. Overall I was truly inspired by the many stories of triumph and perseverance shared with me throughout the book signing.
Come take a “walk”with me and click on the video above (click the title if you don’t see the video). I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed making it, and THANKS for everyone’s support!!!!!
I woke up this morning…Good Day…cause I didn’t have to…Took a hot shower to wake my aching bones…Good day…I had water to bathe…said a prayer of gratitude, then dressed and drove to my favorite park for a morning stroll …Good day!
I arrived at the path; arms welcoming me… and stepped into a place where my spirit runs free. No ear phones for music or chattering friends… I love this alone time It’s just me and them… Good day!
Them you ask?…The squirrels scurrying up a tree to play… the daddy long leg who paused cause I got in his way. I snapped a picture of a beaver building his lodge, and watched frogs patiently sitting on lily pads waiting for food to come. Good day!
The Birds are chirping and tweeting while flying from tree to tree…awesomely beautiful…wow, so thankful that I can see…Good day!…and this nature gift, my dear friend is free.
Mom-ma duck is swimming with her babies trailing behind …I’m still walking …Good day… and I’m feeling fine!
The crisp morning air is brushing my cheeks… while pebbles sound like a bowl of crunchy cereal beneath my feet…My heart is beating faster…I’ve picked up the pace …beauty and exercise all in one place.
I glance over at the lake… rain is beginning to fall but the trees are my umbrella, they’re standing strong and tall…and then moments later the sun…well, it’s out again.
As I wind the bend and head for home…this has been my morning cup of coffee and tomorrow…God willing… I’ll have it again!
Every day I enjoy my morning walk around the lake. I find it spiritually uplifting. The birds are singing…frogs are croaking and chirping…squirrels are scurrying across the path playing and looking for food.. As I walk and say “good morning”, or nod or smile to passerby’s, I’m reminded of the blessings I need to count instead of the things I sometimes feel like whining about.
Here’s 25 Things I’ve Learned:
1. That you have to love yourself before you can love anyone else.
2. That you can’t live in the past and work on building a better future at the same time.
3. To trust your thoughts and instincts because they’re usually right.
4. That adopting a positive and optimistic attitude can change your life.
5. That YoU are responsible for your own happiness.
6. To be kind and forgiving to yourself.
7. To count your blessings and be grateful for what you do have, instead of complaining about what you don’t.
8. That some people become envious when you do well and are happy.
9. That It is better to be alone and at peace than in a relationship and unhappy.
10. That family can be people you have no blood ties to.
11. That people are not mind readers. Don’t expect them to know what you think or feel; you have to tell them.
12. To be assertive, or people are inclined to ignore or take advantage of you.
13. That you can’t change what you didn’t get as a child, but you can nurture and get it for yourself now.
14. That you should enjoy your own company.
15. That you should never sell yourself short.
16. That your heart can feel like it’s broken into a million pieces, but God can mend it back.
17. That blood ties can mean nothing at all.
18. To trust God and yourself completely.
19. That your life can change in an instant, to the good or the bad.
20. To value your time and use it wisely, because time is one thing that we never get back.
21. That when someone you love has passed, they are still very much alive in your heart.
22. That some friends are forever and some you out grow.
23. That there is a solution to every problem; we just have to take the time to find it.
24. Not to let your ego or pride keep you from saying, “I’m sorry” or “I love you.”
25. That you have to say “No” sometimes and stick to it for your own well-being.